This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
We first made this Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread last summer when our crop of zucchini was exploding out in our garden! But thanks to the year-round availability of zucchini at the supermarket – this hearty and delicious bread can be made any time inspiration strikes!
This whole wheat zucchini bread is wonderfully dense – but also very moist thanks to the shredded zucchini and whole milk added to the batter. It’s made with a mix of whole wheat and all-purpose flours and brown sugar, cinnamon and raisin add spice and sweetness to this delicious breakfast bread.
We love eating this whole wheat zucchini bread slathered with butter warm out of the oven. But it is also delicious sliced and lightly toasted. It’s not super sweet so it can be eaten as a savory bread as well. Enjoy!
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1¼ cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups whole milk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Butter to grease loaf pan
- In a large bowl combine both flours, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Add zucchini and toss to coat. Add raisins and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and add in milk and oil and beat just to combine.
- Add wet to dry and mix until combined.
- Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan with butter and pour in batter.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes – checking after 60 minutes and if getting too dark, lower heat to 325 and cover with foil for last 10-15 minutes if needed.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like: