Did you see our fish & chips recipe yesterday? Well – we couldn’t share that recipe with you unless we also shared our delicious and easy homemade Tartar Sauce recipe to go along with it!
A delicious homemade tartar sauce is so easy to make – and the best thing is, you probably have most of the ingredients already!
Tartar sauce is a very basic recipe of mayonnaise combined with finely diced dill pickles, red onions, scallions, and capers – and a combination of just those ingredients is delicious and easy. But our recipe takes things up a notch by adding pickled red onions, Colman’s dry mustard, sriracha (to add a touch of gentle heat), and agave nectar (to sweeten and smooth out the flavors)!Print
- ½ cup dill pickles, chopped very fine
- ¼ cup pickled red onions or plain red onion, chopped very fine
- 1 tablespoon scallions (tops and bottoms), chopped very fine
- ¼ teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon drained capers, finely diced
- ¼ teaspoon Colman’s dry mustard
- ¾ cup mayonnaise (see our recipe here) or your favorite store-bought brand
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Refrigerate for up to one week.
You may also like: