This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
For the Streusel
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
For the Batter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Confectioner’s sugar, for dusting
- In a bowl, mix together the streusel ingredients. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F with the baking rack centered in the oven. Grease and flour a 10-inch (12-cup) bundt pan (or use a floured baking spray).
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating for 2 minutes, stopping the mixer to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl after 1 minute. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add the vanilla and beat at medium speed for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream and baking soda together.
- With the mixer on low, alternate adding the dry ingredients and sour cream mixture to the butter mixture – starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Spoon 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. (The batter will be thick so try spreading it in the bottom of the bundt pan as best as possible.) Sprinkle half of the streusel mixture over the center of the batter – trying as best as possible to avoid having any of the streusel touch the side of the pan. By spoonfuls, add another 1/3 of the batter over the dry streusel – and as best as you can, spread the batter evenly to cover the layer of streusel. Repeat with the remaining streusel and the final 1/3 of the batter.
- Rap the pan hard on your kitchen counter once to settle any air pockets in the batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the cake pulls away from the side of the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a rack for 30 minutes. Then invert the cake onto a cooling rack, remove the pan from the cake and allow to cool completely.
- Once completely cool, sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar. Slice to serve.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.