This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
We created this Salmon Hash with Poached Eggs as part of a sponsored post for Morey’s Seafood International. All opinions are 100% mine.In my opinion, a perfect weekend always includes a delicious brunch! I love a good mix of breakfast and lunch foods served together (with a big pot of coffee of course)! And – it’s even better when I can enjoy a delicious, restaurant-quality brunch at home in the comfort of my pajamas! 🙂 Thanks to Morey’s – and their line of ready-to-cook, marinated entrées – we recently created this fantastic Salmon Hash with Poached Eggs recipe. It’s so delicious, it seriously rivals any brunch served at the best restaurant in town! Today’s recipe starts with Morey’s Seasoned Grill Atlantic Salmon. It is marinated in a blend of spices that perfectly complement the flavors of the salmon. We cut the salmon into bite-sized chunks and added it to a wonderful, zesty mix of diced potatoes, green bell pepper, pancetta, scallions, chives and capers – creating a delicious hash. Next we served a soft, poached egg over the salmon hash – plus a final sprinkle of chives on top – and brunch perfection is served! You can cook and enjoy all of Morey’s products right out of the package – and they can be grilled, baked or microwaved. Or – add them to a recipe like today’s Salmon Hash with Poached Eggs and enjoy a leisurely weekend at home! All of Morey’s products are sold throughout the United States at many food and grocery retailers. For more information, visit them on their website, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube.
- 1 pound skin-on yellow potatoes
- 2 10-ounces packages Morey’s Seasoned Grill Atlantic Salmon
- 2 ounces pancetta, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- ½ cup diced scallions, whites only
- ¾ cup green bell pepper, diced small
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup capers, drained well
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Few grinds black pepper
- 4 fresh whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Cover the potatoes with water in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Cook on a medium boil for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, remove Morey’s Seasoned Grill Atlantic Salmon from package. Place skin down on a cutting board. With a sharp long knife, run blade between salmon and skin and discard skin. Cut salmon into bite sized cubes and set aside.
- Once potatoes are done, drain and remove skin. Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, place two tablespoons of butter and pancetta and cook over medium high heat for about 4 minutes or until the pancetta is crisp.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the scallions and green pepper and cook for about three minutes.
- Add chives, capers, salt, pepper and remaining butter.
- While the butter is melting, prepare to make the poached eggs by filling a separate large skillet ¾ full with water plus one tablespoon of white vinegar. Heat just until the water starts to bubble. Keep at a low simmer.
- Crack the four eggs into four small ramekins and hold.
- Once butter has melted, add potatoes and cook over medium until they start to crisp on the bottom, about five minutes.
- Add salmon and with a spatula, gently turn and flip so that the salmon is mixed in with the other ingredients.
- Cook for about two minutes and with the spatula, gently lift and turn to cook the other side. The mixture will be loose so it will take a few times to flip all of the ingredients. Don’t expect to do this step all at once.
- Cook just until the salmon is cooked and a light crust has formed on the bottom.
- Once you flip the salmon, place the four eggs into the hot water and cook until perfectly poached, about 3 minutes for runny yolks. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and place on a dish towel to drain.
- Remove both pans from heat.
- To serve, use a spatula to remove each portion of hash to serving dishes then top with a poached egg.
- Sprinkle the tops with minced chives and serve.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.