This Quinoa Chicken and Vegetable Salad recipe is sponsored by Shaw’s and Albertsons. All opinions are 100% mine. #OrganicForAll
If you follow me over on Instagram, then you likely saw that I spent a few days in Chicago last month with Shaw’s learning all about their O Organics product line.
O Organics was launched more than a decade ago with the mission to make a wide variety of certified organic products available to more people at a great value. And with more than 300 items available – including produce, meat, milk, milk alternatives, eggs, coffee, salty snacks, baby foods, and more – O Organics is the #1 organic product line in the United States. Here are just a few of their many organic products I found at my local Shaw’s store:
All O Organics products are USDA certified organic (meaning that 95%+ of the ingredients are organic) and they carry the USDA certified organic seal. Every O Organics product also has a 100% quality and satisfaction guarantee.
During my visit to Chicago, I joined a group of bloggers from around the country for a jam-packed day at Kendall College, learning about, eating, and cooking with O Organics. After a delicious breakfast, we enjoyed a cooking demo with nutritionist Annessa Chumbley, R.D. Annessa is a Registered Dietitian and TV host who shared some of her favorite healthy recipes and tips on how to fit affordable organic ingredients into every meal.
Next, all of us got busy in the kitchen cooking with O Organics. (There were so many wonderful ingredients to choose from!)
The freshness of the produce and the quality of the packaged items was really of superior quality. After an amazing lunch, I was able to do some shopping for O Organics – so I could head home and make recipes to share here on A Family Feast.
I found all of the ingredients for today’s Quinoa Chicken and Vegetable Salad recipe at my local Shaw’s. This Quinoa Chicken and Vegetable Salad is healthy, light and delicious and it cooks up in less than 30 minutes so it’s great for a quick weeknight meal.
We started by poaching some O Organics Free Range Chicken in O Organics Chicken Broth and some other ingredients for flavor. (You can also roast or sauté the chicken if you prefer).
While the chicken poached, we cooked O Organics Quinoa in O Organics Vegetable Broth along with scallions sautéed in O Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Once the quinoa was done cooking, we stirred in some O Organics Baby Kale to lightly cook.
After cooling to room temperature we shredded the chicken. Then we tossed the chicken and quinoa together with fresh chopped vegetables (including O Organics Grape Tomatoes) and a fresh lemon and herb dressing made with O Organics extra virgin olive oil.
The flavors in this Quinoa Chicken and Vegetable Salad are fresh and fantastic – and I love knowing that this healthy meal is made with ingredients that meet strict quality standards.
A quick note: I had the opportunity to work with a vast selection of O Organics products, but please check your local Albertsons family store to see what’s available in your area.
I get my O Organics products at Shaw’s, but if you are outside of the Boston area, O Organics products are available at the Albertsons family of stores across the country, including Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw’s, ACME Markets, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Pavilions and Star Market.
Interested in more chicken recipes? Print
Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- 1 quart O Organics Chicken Broth
- 1 quart water
- 4 whole scallions, cut in half
- 4 stalks fresh parsley with leaves
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pound O Organics Free Range Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 2–3 -inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon O Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup scallion bottoms, sliced
- 1 cup O Organics Quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups O Organics Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups O Organics Baby Kale, plus more for each serving
- 2½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 grinds black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- ¼ cup O Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 baby cucumbers, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 10-ounce package O Organics Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- O Organics Stone Ground Wheat Crackers, for serving
Poach the Chicken
- Place all poaching liquid ingredients except the chicken breasts in a 3-4 quart pan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bring to a boil and place chicken in liquid. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Poach chicken for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink in center. (Chicken will continue to cook once removed from liquid so remove to a platter just before fully cooked.)
- Cool and shred chicken with two forks and refrigerate until needed.
Prepare the Quinoa
- In a medium sauce pan with a tight-fitting lid, add oil and heat over medium heat. Once hot add scallions. Stir and cook for two minutes.
- Add quinoa and stir and cook for one minute.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- As soon as the quinoa is cooked, stir in the two cups of baby kale and let sit for five minutes covered.
- Remove to a platter and chill.
Prepare the Dressing
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients except the oil in a small bowl with a wire whisk.
- Slowly add in the oil while whisking.
Assemble the Salad
- In a large bowl mix cooked shredded chicken, cooked quinoa, cucumbers, tomatoes and dressing.
- Place a small handful of baby kale on each serving plate and top with the chicken and quinoa mixture and serve with wheat crackers on the side.