- 1 quart O Organics Chicken Broth
- 1 quart water
- 4 whole scallions, cut in half
- 4 stalks fresh parsley with leaves
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pound O Organics Free Range Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 2–3 -inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon O Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup scallion bottoms, sliced
- 1 cup O Organics Quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups O Organics Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups O Organics Baby Kale, plus more for each serving
- 2½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 grinds black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- ¼ cup O Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 baby cucumbers, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 10-ounce package O Organics Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- O Organics Stone Ground Wheat Crackers, for serving
Poach the Chicken
- Place all poaching liquid ingredients except the chicken breasts in a 3-4 quart pan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bring to a boil and place chicken in liquid. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Poach chicken for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink in center. (Chicken will continue to cook once removed from liquid so remove to a platter just before fully cooked.)
- Cool and shred chicken with two forks and refrigerate until needed.
Prepare the Quinoa
- In a medium sauce pan with a tight-fitting lid, add oil and heat over medium heat. Once hot add scallions. Stir and cook for two minutes.
- Add quinoa and stir and cook for one minute.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- As soon as the quinoa is cooked, stir in the two cups of baby kale and let sit for five minutes covered.
- Remove to a platter and chill.
Prepare the Dressing
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients except the oil in a small bowl with a wire whisk.
- Slowly add in the oil while whisking.
Assemble the Salad
- In a large bowl mix cooked shredded chicken, cooked quinoa, cucumbers, tomatoes and dressing.
- Place a small handful of baby kale on each serving plate and top with the chicken and quinoa mixture and serve with wheat crackers on the side.