This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pesto Chicken over Sautéed Cannellini Beans is a hearty, low-carb dinner that is quick and easy to make!
I know you’ve been there.
Another night…another dinner to cook…and you’re staring at some boneless, skinless chicken breasts in your refrigerator – just waiting to be cooked!
But you’re tired of the same ol’ recipes, right? Well – today’s recipe for Pesto Chicken over Sautéed Cannellini Beans is a delicious way to change things up!
We came up with this recipe on one of ‘those’ nights! We weren’t planning to try any new recipes to feature here on A Family Feast and we hadn’t gone to the grocery store in a few days. We just wanted a quick and delicious dinner using ingredients we had on hand in our kitchen!
So my husband Jack started rummaging around the refrigerator (where he found some lemons and a green bell pepper), as well as the freezer (he found some pesto that we had frozen at the end of the summer) and a few cans of cannellini beans in the cupboard. A few additional ingredients later – and magic was created in the form of this delicious dish!
Tender, bite-sized pieces of chicken are sautéed with peppers and onions and then combined with sautéed cannellini beans, pesto, toasted pine nuts and additional pesto – creating a wonderful, creamy sauce with just a touch of crunch thanks to the nuts! Then a final drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of parmesan finishes things off!
Served with a salad, this pesto chicken over sautéed cannellini beans is a hearty, lower-carb and super-delicious alternative to the same ol’ same ol’ you’ve been eating for dinner!
Interested in more chicken recipes?
Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Pesto Chicken over Sautéed Cannellini Beans
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about one pound)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup pesto, divided (see recipe here) or use jarred
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided plus more to drizzle on each portion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 15–ounce cans white cannellini beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Few grinds freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more to sprinkle on each portion
- Cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and toss with lemon juice and ¼ cup of pesto. Let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Toast pine nuts over medium heat in a small pan until slightly browned. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high and place two tablespoons of olive oil in the pan and heat to hot. Add chicken cooking in two batches if necessary and cook until seared on both sides but not cooked all the way through. Set aside.
- Clean pan discarding any bits from the pan.
- Reheat the skillet over medium and heat two more tablespoons of olive oil until hot. Add peppers and onions and sauté four minutes. Add garlic and sauté for one more minutes. Add wine and cook until almost all of the wine has evaporated. Add stock, beans, salt, pepper and seared chicken and simmer on low for 20 minutes uncovered. The beans will break apart a bit which is fine. Add more vegetable stock if needed.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, toasted pine nuts and the last ¼ cup of pesto. Remove from heat and serve.
- Serve with olive oil drizzled over the top of each portion along with additional Parmesan cheese.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment