This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 10–12 small candy canes
- 2 12–ounce bags of chocolate candy melts (we used a bag each of white and dark chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil, separated
- Place the candy canes into a gallon-size zipper seal bag and seal the bag, making sure to remove most of the air from the bag. With a rolling pin, crush the candy canes into small pieces.
- Pour the crushed candy canes in a fine strainer placed over a bowl to sift out the candy cane dust.
- Divide the remaining crushed candy cane pieces into the heart-shaped silicon tray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a double boiler, melt the one bag of chocolate and a 1/2 teaspoon of the canola oil together, stirring frequently until completely melted and very smooth.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and spoon into the heart-shaped tray, filling each cavity completely. If necessary, push the pieces of candy cane down into the melted chocolate. Using a chopstick or other straight edge, scrap the excess chocolate from the tray making sure that the chocolate is flush with the edge of the tray.
- Repeat using your second type of chocolate if desired.
- Allow the chocolate to set at room temperature (approximately 30–45 minutes) or place in the refrigerator if you want it to set up more quickly. Gently press the peppermint hearts out of the tray for serving.
- We recommend that you store these candies in the refrigerator for best results.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.