This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 2 pounds peeled sweet potato (about 2 large potatoes), cut into one inch cubes
- 8 ounces peeled yellow potato such as Yukon Gold (about 1 medium potato), cut into one inch cubes
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 cups chopped kale leaves removed from stems (about 8 ounces in weight)
- 2 5.2-ounce packages of Boursin cheese – Garlic and Herbs flavor (or make our homemade version)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and place in sweet and yellow potatoes. Boil uncovered until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes in a colander and leave in colander while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Using the same pot that you used to cook the potatoes, pour in milk and cream, and add chopped kale leaves and Boursin cheese. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 5-6 minutes covered or until kale has wilted and is slightly tender. Add salt and pepper, stir and remove from heat.
- Add the potatoes to the kale mixture and mash with a potato masher, adding more milk if needed for proper consistency. Taste and season again with more salt and pepper if needed.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.