This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
We developed this Lamb and Eggplant Crostini with Salad as part of a sponsored post for Cuisine Solutions. All opinions are 100% mine.My husband Jack and I love to entertain, and as food bloggers, our guests have come to expect that we will serve some very delicious food at our dinner parties! And while we both love to cook, and we get great satisfaction when our friends compliment our cooking – the downside is that we’re sometimes stuck cooking in the kitchen instead of visiting with our guests. But we’ve just discovered a really great solution – Cuisine Solutions! Cuisine Solutions is gourmet food that is chef-prepared using a cooking method called ‘sous-vide’. Sous-vide is a French cooking term that means ‘under vacuum’ and it’s an innovative technique in which food is vacuum-sealed and slow-cooked until it’s perfectly cooked through. Jack and I had the opportunity to taste-test some of Cuisine Solutions products – their Lamb Shanks in a fantastic sauce made with rosemary and mint, as well as their Eggplant Confit with a rich and savory tomato sauce. We combined both of those in today’s recipe for Lamb and Eggplant Crostini. It’s a simple, impressive and delicious dish that can be served as an appetizer or as a light lunch alongside a fresh greens and mint salad like we did here. Now…if you’re a regular reader here at A Family Feast – then you KNOW how picky my husband Jack can be when it comes to great food! As we prepared our lamb and eggplant crostini, Jack kept commenting about the fantastic flavors of the fall-off-the bone, perfectly prepared lamb shank and the rich and delicious tender eggplant. We combined the two on lightly toasted bread that was first spread with a wonderful mixture of goat cheese, lemon and mint (perfect flavors with the lamb)! This is fantastic food that we would gladly serve to our own family and friends because it meets (and even exceeds) the same taste and quality standards as our own homemade food – without the hassle of preparing it ourselves! Cuisine Solutions has been providing gourmet products to top restaurants, resorts and catering companies for years – and now their products are available to everyone – including busy home cooks! You can order Cuisine Solutions online at mycuisinesolutions.com.
Cuisine Solutions is offering A Family Feast readers a special promotion. Use the promo code MYBLOGGERSPECIAL and receive Free Shipping on all order overs of $75.With Cuisine Solutions you’ll be thrilled to enjoy restaurant-quality food at home!
- 1 Cuisine Solutions Lamb Shank
- 1 Cuisine Solutions Eggplant Confit
- 1 baguette or mini artisan bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic peeled and cut in half
For the Goat Cheese Spread
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
For the Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano minced
- 2 small or one medium garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Few grinds black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
For the Salad (3 to 1 ratio of mixed greens and fresh mint)
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- In a microwave safe dish, place lamb shank and all liquid from pouch. Set aside and discard plastic pouch.
- Follow the same step for the eggplant using a second microwave safe dish. Note: You will only be using about half of the eggplant package. The remaining eggplant should be eaten at another meal as soon as possible.
- Slice the bread on the bias to produce elongated slices of bread. Brush with melted butter and place butter side down in a grill pan with ribs and heat just long enough to produce golden brown grill marks. Set these aside and have garlic standing by for later.
- In a small bowl mix all of the spread ingredients with a fork. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, place lemon juice and mustard.
- With a mortar and pestle, place fresh oregano, garlic, salt, pepper and pepper flakes and pulverize to a paste. Add this to the lemon juice mixture.
- Slowly add in the oil, whisking vigorously as you add. Set aside.
- Toss the greens with the fresh mint leaves and set aside. (Mix three parts greens with one part mint.)
- Place a piece of paper towel over lamb (to stop splattering) and microwave two minutes. Remove bone and shred with two forks. Set aside.
- Heat the eggplant for two to three minutes, also with a paper towel over top to catch splatters. Remove the eggplant pieces to your cutting board and cut into thick strips as long as the bread slices you prepared.
- To serve, place the grilled bread slices in the toaster and just toast to slightly crispy. As soon as they come out, rub the grill marked top with the garlic half.
- Spread the goat cheese over each.
- Lay eggplant slices over goat cheese.
- Spoon some of the tomato confit (from the eggplant) over the top.
- Top with the shredded lamb and sprinkle some additional chopped mint or oregano over each.
- Toss the salad with the appropriate amount of dressing and serve on small dishes with the crostini.
- This recipe makes 8-10 crostini’s which should be enough for 4-6 people for a lunch or brunch or a starting course to an elegant meal.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.