This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This time of year – more often than not – we are firing up the grill to cook dinner in the evening. But grilling is great for more than just burgers, hot dogs, steaks or chicken! If the grill is hot – we’ve been known to prepare all kinds of recipes that are delicious accompaniments to the main course – just like this Grilled Pineapple Salsa.
In today’s recipe, grilling the pineapple is a key step that adds wonderful flavor to this easy salsa. The pineapple caramelizes as it grills, making the fruit sweeter and the flavors of the salsa more intense.
The grilled pineapple and fresh chopped vegetables (which you could grill too if you’d like) are also mixed with a spicy blend of dry seasonings including ginger, cumin and coriander – which are all great with the sweet, grilled fruit and help to balance the flavors of this Grilled Pineapple Salsa.
We like to serve this Grilled Pineapple Salsa with crispy tortilla chips, but it is also delicious spooned on top of grilled chicken, fish and even burgers.
P.S. Don’t forget to grill your dessert! (Click here for that recipe.)
- 1 fresh ripe pineapple
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced fine
- 1/2 red onion, diced small
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, stemmed and diced small
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and stemmed and minced, about 3–4 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup Poblano pepper, seeded, stemmed and diced small
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup guava nectar (if you can’t find, double pineapple juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dry roasted cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry coriander
- Trim pineapple and slice into half inch slices, leaving core.
- Heat a ribbed grill pan over medium heat and brush with half the oil.
- Place slices of pineapple onto pan and brush the tops with oil.
- Grill both sides for about 1-2 minutes per side, or just long enough to make grill marks.
- Place on cutting board and cut into small pieces, cutting around and then disposing of core.
- Place pineapple into medium bowl with the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Let sit for two hours refrigerated then serve with your favorite chips.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like: