Grilled Chicken Skewers with Thai Chili Peanut Sauce – Tender strips of grilled chicken served with the most amazing peanut sauce!
These Grilled Chicken Skewers with Thai Chili Peanut Sauce are sponsored by Peapod as part of our ongoing ambassadorship with the brand. All opinions are 100% mine.
Finally…finally! After a very rainy Spring, grilling weather is (finally) here to stay in New England, and I’m so thrilled to be spending our evenings outdoors – cooking dinner on the grill and enjoying some beautiful warm weather.
Our Grilled Chicken Skewers with Thai Chili Peanut Sauce have so much delicious flavor, this easy, restaurant-quality meal is sure to make a regular appearance on your dinner table all summer long.
Tender strips of marinated chicken thighs are grilled, then served with the most amazing, zesty peanut sauce. (You’ll be tempted to eat that sauce with a spoon – it’s so good!) This recipe makes a great appetizer for any summer party, or the perfect meal served along with some rice and vegetables.
You can find all of the ingredients for these Grilled Chicken Skewers with Thai Chili Peanut Sauce at Peapod. (No need to make a separate trip to a specialty market!)
So whether you’re looking to grill this Asian-inspired meal, or already planning ahead for your Memorial Day cookout, Peapod carries thousands of grocery items and supplies for backyard grilling – all ready to be delivered to your home or office at a time that is most convenient for you.
And – if you are vacationing on Martha’s Vineyard or Cape Cod this summer – Peapod has grocery delivery service in those areas all summer long!Print
Lemongrass paste is available in tubes from Peapod and is much easier to use than fresh lemon grass.
3 tablespoons fish sauce
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons lemon grass paste *
3 tablespoons agave nectar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely minced
1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro minced
1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
¼ cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 ½ tablespoons chili garlic sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon agave nectar
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced fine
Peanut oil for grilling
12 8-inch wooden skewers
- Mix all marinade ingredients except chicken in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cut the thighs into strips about a half inch wide.
- Place chicken strips into marinade and marinate refrigerated for two hours.
- Soak about 12 eight-inch wooden skewers submerged in water while the chicken marinates.
- Mix all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Skewer 2-3 pieces of chicken onto each skewer by poking one end with the skewer and weaving it in and out through each piece.
- Once complete, pat the skewers with paper towels to remove any excess marinade. Discard the marinade.
- Heat grill (a large ribbed grill pan may be used indoors) to high heat and once hot, brush with a little peanut oil.
- Lay the skewers across the ribs and grill about 3-4 minutes each side.
- Use a fork and push the cooked meat off of the skewers and serve with Satay sauce.
Keywords: chicken, grilling, Thai, peanut
You may also like these other recipes made with groceries from Peapod delivers: