This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 8 ripe Mission figs tops cut off and figs quartered
- 1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fig jam
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts, your choice
- Baby greens or salad mix of your choice
- Favorite Vinaigrette (see recipe here)
- ¼ pound thinly sliced and roughly chopped prosciutto
- ½ cup fresh pineapple cut into chunks (canned may be substituted)
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Place figs, vinegar and jam in a small saucepan and heat gently for 3-4 minutes, spooning liquid over quartered figs. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Dry toast the pecans or walnuts in dry fry pan for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix greens with a small amount of vinaigrette (just enough to coat).
- Place dressed salad on salad plates. Place a pile of prosciutto in center. Arrange fig quarters, pineapple chunks and nuts around plate. Drizzle remaining fig sauce over each salad and top with feta cheese.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.