This Easy Cheesy Potato Casserole is pure, delicious comfort food!
As I write this blog post, and I’m looking at the photos we took of this delicious and Easy Cheesy Potato Casserole…I have a serious urge to make this recipe ASAP!
This Easy Cheesy Potato Casserole is so good, I guarantee, this will become a favorite with the entire family.
Slices of Yukon Gold potatoes are tossed with rendered bacon fat, fresh rosemary and seasonings before being poured into a buttered baking dish. Then, the potatoes are coated with a creamy, cheesy, zesty topping of cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise and chopped scallions.
Finally, a generous sprinkle of crumbled bacon goes on top – and this Easy Cheesy Potato Casserole is baked until hot and bubbly and the potatoes are fork-tender.
(If you are like me, you’ll forget all about whatever entrée you had planned for dinner – just pile up my plate with this Easy Cheesy Potato Casserole please!)
This Easy Cheesy Potato Casserole recipe is adapted from a recipe given to us by Katie – an old friend and co-worker of my husband Jack. Katie shared her recipe with us several years ago when she learned that we were starting A Family Feast. (Thank you Katie!) I recently found Katie’s recipe among some old computer files – and we couldn’t wait to share it today!Print
- Butter to coat a 9×13-inch baking dish
- ½ pound bacon, uncooked and chopped
- 3 pounds yellow potatoes such as Yukon Gold, peeled and sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 pound sharp cheddar, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup scallion bottoms
- Remaining scallion green tops, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9×13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Cook chopped bacon in a skillet until half cooked. Remove bacon from fat and set aside.
- Place sliced potatoes in a large bowl and pour in bacon fat along with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- In the same bowl, mix cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise and diced white scallions.
- Spread mixture over potatoes (Does not need to go exactly to the edges), and sprinkle bacon over the top.
- Cover with parchment and foil and bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove parchment and foil and bake for 30 more minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the scallion tops and serve.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
You may also like: