This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This sweet-tart Cranberry Orange Sorbet is a deliciously refreshing dessert!
A few weeks ago, as we were cooking for the Thanksgiving holiday, we made a fantastic cranberry orange relish to eat with this turkey leftovers recipe. That relish – made with fresh cranberries, fresh oranges and sugar – gave up some delicious juices as it sat in the jar.
Jack and I both hate to see food go to waste – so of course, we drank the juice (and there may or may not have been some vodka and triple sec involved in our juice taste-testing too!) Hey – it was the holidays! 🙂
At the time, I suggested to Jack that the sweetened cranberry and orange juice would make a delicious sorbet – and that was the recipe inspiration behind today’s Cranberry Orange Sorbet.
This Cranberry Orange Sorbet whips up in minutes in a food processor – simply add orange sections, a little orange zest, fresh cranberries and sugar and process until completely puréed. Then churn in an ice-cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
This delicious sorbet makes a wonderful, refreshing dessert – or you can make your holiday dinner guests feel like they are dining at a fancy restaurant and serve this Cranberry Orange Sorbet as a ‘palate cleanser’ in between courses at your family meal.
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Cranberry Orange Sorbet
- 2 large navel oranges
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- Zest the orange and place the zest in a food processor.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the pith from the rest of the zested orange and discard.
- Cut the remaining peeled orange into quarters, pick out any seeds and place in the food processor with the zest.
- Add the fresh cranberries and the sugar and puree fine.
- Refrigerate mixture.
- Place chilled mixture in your ice-cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions. Once firm, scoop and serve.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment