This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 1 quart water
- 2 cups raw cashews
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Canola oil for frying
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium pan and add cashews. After one minute, drain into a strainer and discard water.
- Place hot wet cashews in a medium bowl and add sugar and toss to coat.
- Heat about an inch of oil in a cast iron or heavy bottomed fry pan to 350 degrees F. Use a candy thermometer or other means to get the temperature exactly 350 degrees F.
- Have a colander or strainer standing by placed over another bowl to catch the drips.
- Using a hand strainer or spider, scoop out half the nuts and place into the hot oil. If the oil is at the correct temperature, they will brown in less than one minute. If the temperature drops a bit, they may need close to the whole minute. Remove with the spider and into the colander or strainer once they are golden brown.
- Salt immediately with half the salt. (Or more if you like them salty)
- Once the oil heats back up, repeat with the second half.
- Once completely cooled, store in an air-tight container for snacking or to add to salads or desserts.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.