This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Interested in more chicken recipes? Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- Remove wing tips and freeze for stock or other recipes. Remove winglet from drumette by holding wing like a V with drum portion completely vertical and cutting straight down at base of drumette. The joint will separate without cutting the bone. Or if you prefer whole wings, skip this step and just move to next step.
- Place wing pieces into a large bowl. Pour the Spice Rub over the chicken wings. Toss to coat and place into a gallon zip lock bag and refrigerate overnight. Save the remaining Spice Rub for Chicken for other recipes.
- Prepare your Bourbon Barbecue Sauce while the chicken marinates. When ready to cook the wings, heat the sauce and hold.
- Heat your grill to medium high heat. Using a vegetable oil-soaked paper towel, oil the grill grates. Place the chicken wings in a single layer over the heat and cook seven to ten minutes per side with the grill cover closed. Check after four or five minutes and flip if cooking too quickly.
- Once fully cooked, remove wings from the grill and place in a large bowl. Pour one cup of Bourbon Barbecue Sauce over wings and toss to coat.
- Place the wings back on the grill and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side just to brown and caramelize the sauce – being careful not to burn the sauce.
- Serve immediately. Additional Bourbon Barbecue Sauce may be served on the side for dipping.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.