This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
We’re so pleased to be guest blogging over on the ALDI Simply Smarter Living blog today by sharing a delicious recipe for Turkey Kielbasa and Baby Kale Strata. Shopping at ALDI is a great option for us when we need affordable, quality groceries for our recipe creations!
A strata is a layered casserole – and interestingly, the dish gets its name from the geological formation ‘stratum’, or its plural ‘strata’. In our turkey kielbasa and baby kale strata, layers of French bread cubes, lean turkey kielbasa, and lightly sautéed baby kale are combined in an egg and milk custard along with cheese – and a surprising touch of sweetness and texture thanks to the addition of dried cranberries!
This turkey kielbasa and baby kale strata comes out of the oven a toasted, golden color with a wonderful caramelized kielbasa top and a warm, cheesy inside. This is a hearty one-dish meal that your family or guests will love!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by ALDI. All opinions are 100% mine.
2 tablespoons Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup diced red onion
13 ounces Fit & Active Turkey Polska Kielbasa, cut into ¼-inch slices
5 ounces SimplyNature Organic Baby Kale
Carlini Canola Cooking Spray
5 cups cubed Specially Selected French Baguette
2 cups Fit & Active Shredded 2% Milk Sharp Cheddar Cheese
½ cup Southern Grove Dried Cranberries, chopped
10 Goldhen Large Eggs
4 cups Friendly Farms 1% Milk
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, sauté for one minute. Add kielbasa, cook for two more minutes, stirring occasionally to brown sausage. Add kale, stir until wilted. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Add bread cubes and top with shredded cheese and cranberries.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, dry mustard and salt.
- Spread kielbasa mixture over bread and cranberries. Pour egg and milk mixture on top, press bread down to soak up liquid. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Place strata in the center of the oven and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.