This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/8 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a muffin liner inside each opening of a large muffin pan. Spray each liner lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the room temperature cream cheese and lemon zest until light and creamy. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Add milk, vanilla and melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the bowl with the flour mixture and using a large wooden spoon, mix until completely combined. Gently fold in the blueberries until evenly mixed in the batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the batter evenly into the 12 prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the turbinado sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. The sprinkle the tops generously with the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are firm and just beginning to brown.
- Serve with butter while still warm.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.