This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 3–4 grinds of freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices dark rye bread
- Pickled red onions (see recipe here)
- Slice avocados in half lengthwise and remove pit (we show you an easy way to do it right here). Using a spoon, scoop the avocado flesh from the skin and place in a bowl. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper, then using a fork, mash the avocado (I like to leave some chunks) and mix until blended. Set aside.
- Trim the crusts from the slices of rye bread. Then cut in half diagonally to form triangles.
- When ready to serve, lightly toast the rye bread triangles. Once toasted, spread the avocado mixture onto the rye toasts. Garnish with slices of pickled red onions.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.