How was your weekend? Was it as busy as ours? Looking for a delicious and quick-to-prepare family meal that even your kids will love? If so – then look no further than our Parmesan Chicken Nuggets!
Forget those frozen chicken nuggets – these fresh Parmesan chicken nuggets taste so much better! Just cut some boneless, skinless chicken breasts in cubes and coat them in a flavorful coating of panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake – and 15 minutes later – dinner is on the table!
Panko, which is the Japanese word for ‘bread crumbs’, gives these chicken nuggets a light and crispy coating, and combined with the Parmesan – it’s a wonderful flavor combination that perfectly complements the chicken.
Even our very picky six-year-old willingly eats these Parmesan chicken nuggets – and for me, that’s a huge win at dinnertime! (Someday, I hope she appreciates all of the delicious food that her food-blogging parents cook…) I’d much rather feed her these delicious, homemade Parmesan chicken nuggets than the frozen kind out of a box!
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into one inch cubes
- ¼ cup (half stick) butter melted
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl.
- Dip chicken cubes in melted butter then bread crumb mixture. Place on sheet tray lined with parchment paper or use cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes. If not browned enough, place under the broiler just long enough to brown.
- Serve with marinara sauce or honey Dijon ranch dressing.