This recipe for homemade cocktail sauce is so easy and delicious that you’ll never want to buy jarred cocktail sauce ever again. And chances are, you have most of the ingredients in your refrigerator already!
This is another recipe that we get asked for all the time. Our cocktail sauce is a simple and perfectly balanced combination of ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, lemon zest and fresh horseradish. The freshly combined flavors are so much better than any jarred sauce you can buy and it’s just perfect for shrimp cocktail or any other seafood that you serve with this sauce.
The other benefit to making your own cocktail sauce is that you can adjust the amount of horseradish in the recipe to your liking. Our recipe has the perfect amount of heat but you can make the sauce as zesty or as mild as you would like.
- 2 cups good ketchup (see our homemade ketchup recipe here)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Zest from half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh horseradish (we use Boar’s Head)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with cooked peeled shrimp.
You may also like: