These super-fudgy Zucchini Brownies are extra moist thanks to the shredded zucchini inside!
If you follow us over on Instagram, then you might have seen me post a photo last week of some of the zucchini that we’ve started to harvest out of our garden. That photo was just the first batch, and already we’ve picked more – including two baseball bat-sized zucchini that were hiding under the huge leaves of the bush zucchini plant that we’ve grown for the first time this year!
Judging by the abundance of zucchini we now have (and ripe tomatoes aren’t far behind – yay!) – it’s safe to say that our garden is very happy this year. Living in New England, our garden’s growing season is so short compared to other warmer parts of the country – we are so thrilled when we have fresh, garden-grown vegetables and herbs during the summer months.
So needless to say – we’ve been cooking and baking with zucchini pretty much every day lately. And that includes these super moist, easy and delicious Zucchini Brownies!
These dense and chewy zucchini brownies are version of our go-to brownie recipe – but adapted to accommodate the addition of grated zucchini which adds unbelievable moisture to many kinds of baked goods without changing the flavor. And as a mom, who constantly struggles with getting my daughter to eat her vegetables – it’s a win for me when she eats these zucchini brownies, because she’s getting some veggies in her belly too!
You may also enjoy these other Zucchini recipes:
- Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini
- Apple Zucchini Crumb Bars
- Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- Mock Apple Crumb Pie (Made with Zucchini)
- 4 ounces BAKER’S unsweetened chocolate
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with foil, making sure that the piece of foil is large enough to allow the ends of the foil to extend up and over the sides of the pan. Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate and butter and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Blend in the eggs and vanilla, stirring to combine as much as possible (there may be some egg that doesn’t completely mix in – that is perfectly fine).
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add flour mixture to wet and mix thoroughly. Then add the zucchini and walnuts and stir to evenly combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not over bake – these are very moist and fudgy brownies.)
- Let cool completely. When cool, use the foil to remove the brownies from the pan and onto a cutting board. Cut before serving.