This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
We developed this recipe for Steel Cut Oats Breakfast Biscotti as part of a sponsored post for McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal®. All opinions are 100% mine.
When your mornings are hectic, but you still want a hearty and delicious breakfast to take on-the-go, our Steel Cut Oats Breakfast Biscotti are the perfect option for you and your family!
These Steel Cut Oats Breakfast Biscotti are chock full of sweet, dried apricots, figs and cherries, and a mix of nuts including pistachios, pecans, walnuts and almonds. But they get even more incredible texture and a rich, nutty taste thanks to McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal®.
We used a mix of both McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oats and McCann’s Quick Cooking Rolled Oats in a fantastic biscotti batter flavored with honey, cinnamon, vanilla and almond extracts plus the zest of lemon and orange, along with the dried fruits and nuts. I tell you – the smell in your kitchen as these Steel Cut Oats Breakfast Biscotti bake is incredible!
McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal has been warming the hearts, minds and souls of the most discriminating oatmeal lovers for more than 150 years. McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oats are made from 100 percent whole grain Irish oats with minimal processing, nothing added and nothing artificial!
And now – McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal has earned its first Non-GMO Certification from the Non-GMO project for three of its core products: their Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal in the 28-ounce tin, their Quick & Easy Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal in the 24-ounce canister, and the Quick Cooking Rolled Oats in the 16-ounce box. You can learn more about their manufacturing best practices by clicking here.
For information on how to purchase McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal® visit them online at www.mccanns.irish.
- 3 whole eggs
- 2/3 cup honey
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Zest of ½ orange
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1½ cups McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal®
- 1½ cups McCann’s Quick Cooking Rolled Oats®
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup mixed chopped dried fruit such as apricots, figs and cherries
- 1 ½ cups mixed nuts coarsely cut such as pistachios, pecan, walnuts and almonds
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whip attachment, place in eggs and beat until pale in color, about two minutes. Add honey, both zests and both extracts and beat to combine. Switch to paddle attachment.
- Place steel cut oats in a food processor and process for one minute. Add instant oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and pulse once.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and turn mixer on low to mix together.
- Add fruit and nuts and turn on for another 5-10 seconds to mix together.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough between the two pans making into a flat bar that is 3 ½ inches wide by 10 inches long.
- Bake for 30 minutes then remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Peel from parchment and place on cutting board. Cut on an angle and cut 10 slices per bar.
- Place back on pans cut side down on new parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, turn each piece over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling racks.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like: