This Ranch Chicken Chopped Salad recipe is being shared as part a sponsored post on behalf of Marzetti. The opinions and text are 100% mine.
On any given day, I have found that if I eat a salad – either for lunch or dinner – I feel great! No mid-afternoon energy slump…and no rummaging through the kitchen cabinets after dinner for ‘something else’ to munch on. There’s nothing like a delicious, satisfying salad to keep me on track for the day.
So my husband Jack and I will often turn our salads into a meal – and this Ranch Chicken Chopped Salad is a very delicious meal that the entire family will love!
We started our Ranch Chicken Chopped Salad with lots of crisp, fresh produce – lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, celery, radish, carrots, and bell pepper. Next, we dressed the salad with Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Ranch Salad Dressing.
Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Ranch Salad Dressing is made with just a few simple ingredients, and no preservatives or artificial flavors – so it really enhances the fresh, natural goodness of any salad!
To finish up our Ranch Chicken Chopped Salad, we layered on some grilled chicken, pickled jalapeno slices, black beans, shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla strips, bacon and grilled fresh corn. Then, another drizzle of the Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Ranch Salad Dressing on top completed this delicious salad!
You can find all of the Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Salad Dressings in the refrigerated produce section of your local supermarket right next to Marzetti’s other classic dressings. Marzetti® Simply Dressed® dressings comes in 25 delicious flavors including Ranch, Balsamic, Caesar, Blue Cheese are more!
Marzetti is giving away* a $50 VISA (?) Gift Card to one lucky A Family Feast reader. (Sorry, U.S. residents only.)
To enter, leave a comment below along with your email address by June 15, 2016 and tell me, “Which Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Salad Dressing would you like to try first?“
*Giveaway Terms & Conditions: Open to anyone 18 years of age or older with a valid US mailing address. Winner will be randomly selected on Thursday, June 16th via random.org from among all entries received. Winner will be contacted via email so please be sure to comment using a valid email address where we can reach you. Winner will be contacted by RhythmOne who has sponsored this giveaway on behalf of Marzetti.Print
Marinade for chicken
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12-ounce jar Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Ranch Salad Dressing
- Zest from one lime
- Juice from one lime (2 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Two fresh ears of corn, husked
- 4 slices hickory smoked bacon
- 2 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into quarter inch strips
- 1 head romaine, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, cut into bite sized pieces
- 10 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 baby cucumbers quartered and cut up (about one cup)
- ¼ cup red onion, small dice
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 ounces fresh radish, sliced thin
- 3 small carrots peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into small pieces
- 1 large orange bell pepper cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 4 ounces orange cheddar cheese shredded
- 12 ounce bottle Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Ranch Salad Dressing
- The day before, butterfly chicken breasts so that they are mostly the same thickness and place into a gallon zip lock bag. Mix the marinade ingredients and place into a ziplock bag with the chicken and refrigerate overnight or for at least six hours.
- When ready to grill, wipe away most of the marinade and discard. Set chicken aside to grill after the corn.
- Heat a ribbed grill pan over medium to medium high heat and spray with pan spray. Place both ears of corn onto the heated pan and grill just long enough to add char marks. Remove and cut corn from cob then set aside.
- Spray the pan again, reduce to medium heat and add chicken, cooking for four to five minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from the pan to a cutting board and cool to room temperature. Once cool, cut into strips and set aside.
- While chicken is grilling, cook bacon in a sauté pan or griddle until crispy. Remove to paper towels then cut into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Leave bacon fat in pan and leave heat on. Place corn tortilla strips into hot grease and toss with tongs, cooking until crispy, about two minutes. Remove to paper towels to drain. Set aside.
- To assemble, either layer all ingredients into a bowl or platter and serve dressing on the side, or combine everything into a large bowl and toss with dressing.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Marzetti. The opinions and text are all mine.