Marinade for chicken
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12-ounce jar Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Ranch Salad Dressing
- Zest from one lime
- Juice from one lime (2 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Two fresh ears of corn, husked
- 4 slices hickory smoked bacon
- 2 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into quarter inch strips
- 1 head romaine, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, cut into bite sized pieces
- 10 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 baby cucumbers quartered and cut up (about one cup)
- ¼ cup red onion, small dice
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 ounces fresh radish, sliced thin
- 3 small carrots peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into small pieces
- 1 large orange bell pepper cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 4 ounces orange cheddar cheese shredded
- 12 ounce bottle Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Ranch Salad Dressing
- The day before, butterfly chicken breasts so that they are mostly the same thickness and place into a gallon zip lock bag. Mix the marinade ingredients and place into a ziplock bag with the chicken and refrigerate overnight or for at least six hours.
- When ready to grill, wipe away most of the marinade and discard. Set chicken aside to grill after the corn.
- Heat a ribbed grill pan over medium to medium high heat and spray with pan spray. Place both ears of corn onto the heated pan and grill just long enough to add char marks. Remove and cut corn from cob then set aside.
- Spray the pan again, reduce to medium heat and add chicken, cooking for four to five minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from the pan to a cutting board and cool to room temperature. Once cool, cut into strips and set aside.
- While chicken is grilling, cook bacon in a sauté pan or griddle until crispy. Remove to paper towels then cut into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Leave bacon fat in pan and leave heat on. Place corn tortilla strips into hot grease and toss with tongs, cooking until crispy, about two minutes. Remove to paper towels to drain. Set aside.
- To assemble, either layer all ingredients into a bowl or platter and serve dressing on the side, or combine everything into a large bowl and toss with dressing.