This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 1 17.3 ounce package (2 sheets) puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium fresh jalapeño, seeded and minced (2 tablespoons)
- 1 heaping cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 12 strips of bacon (3/4 pound)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay the two sheets of puff pastry on your cutting board with the long end running left to right and brush lightly with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of minced jalapeño over each sheet.
- Divide the shredded cheese between each sheet covering the surface right to the edges.
- Take the palm of your hand and press the cheese into the pastry so it holds in place.
- Take the back side of the dough and fold over to meet the edge closest to you and pinch that seam closed. Pat the top so the top and bottom adhere to each other.
- Take a sharp knife or pizza cutter and cut in half front to back. Then cut each half in half then each quarter in thirds. You will have 12 folded half inch strips.
- Repeat for second sheet.
- Line two sheet pans with foil then place a baking rack in each. Spray the racks with kitchen pan spray.
- Twist each piece two full turns and set back on your board.
- Take each piece of bacon and cut it in half the long way so you have two longs strips. Do this for all 12 pieces so you have 24 long strips.
- Now take each pastry twist and wrap each with a strip of bacon and again place back on your board.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, coriander and cumin and stir to combine then pour out onto a plate or platter.
- Roll each bacon wrapped pastry in the brown sugar mixture and place 12 on each racked sheet pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, rotate pan and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Ovens vary so start checking for doneness at 40 and 45 minutes – ours took exactly 50 minutes.
- Cool on the rack and serve.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.