This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
For the Rice Krispies Treat garnish
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1¼ cup mini marshmallows
- 2 cups Rice Krispies® cereal
For the Milk Shake
- 1 cup whole milk, plus two tablespoons
- 1½ cups marshmallow fluff
- ½ cup Rice Krispies® cereal, divided plus additional for garnish
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
To Make the Rice Krispies Treat garnish
- Spray an 8×8-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and mini marshmallows over low heat, stirring until completely melted and well combined. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Rice Krispies cereal and stir until well coated. Pour the marshmallow and cereal mixture into the prepared pan and using a buttered spatula or wax paper, press mixture firmly into the pan.
- Cool completely, then cut into long narrow triangles for garnishing the milkshake. (Best if served the same day. Extras may be stored in an airtight container for up to a day or so.)
To Make the Shake
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup milk and 1½ cups marshmallow fluff. Over low heat and stirring frequently, heat just until marshmallow fluff completely dissolves. Remove from heat and chill to cool.
- Just before serving, prepare 2 tall or 4 short glasses for serving. Pour 2 tablespoons of milk into a wide shallow bowl. In another wide shallow bowl, pour ¼ cup of the Rice Krispies cereal. Dip the rim of the glass into the milk, then the cereal and allow the cereal to dry on the rim of the glasses.
- In a blender, pour in the cooled milk and marshmallow mixture, then add the ice cream. Blend until smooth and frothy. Add ¼ cup of Rice Krispies cereal and briefly pulse again until combined.
- Pour the milkshake mixture into the prepared glasses, and top with a prepared Rice Krispies Treat.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.