Fresh Cherry Sauce is a super simple and super delicious! Serve this over ice cream or cake as a dessert, or serve it alongside roasted meats such as pork or chicken.
We’re sharing this Fresh Cherry Sauce recipe made from Walmart Produce as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars.
I love super simple recipes like this Fresh Cherry Sauce! It takes just minutes to prepare – but it’s so delicious your family and guests will think that you slaved over a hot stove making it just for them!
Don’t worry…I won’t tell anyone… It will be our little secret just how easy this fresh cherry sauce recipe is to make!
Just place all of the ingredients – fresh pitted cherries, butter, sugar, water and a little corn starch – into a saucepan and heat until the cherries are tender and the sauce has thickened.
That’s it – and you’re ready to serve this amazing fresh, not-too-sweet cherry sauce over ice cream, as a topping on cakes or breads, or a classic cheesecake, and it’s even delicious served as a side to pork or chicken! (It’s so good – I’d be happy just eating it with a spoon!)
And do you want to hear another great tip? Your local Walmart store is a great, affordable place to shop for quality, farm-fresh produce! Right now, delicious stone fruit is in season including cherries, peaches, plums and nectarines, and Walmart works with local growers to ensure that all of their produce is picked at the peak of freshness!
Walmart also offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of their produce! If for any reason, you aren’t happy with the Walmart produce you’ve purchased, simply return your produce back to the store with your receipt for a full refund.
Click here for more information about Walmart Produce that is in-season right now, as well as delicious recipes using in-season Walmart produce!
You may also like these other recipes featuring Walmart Produce:Print
- 1½ pounds cherries, stemmed and pitted (approximately 4 cups)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoons corn starch
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Over medium heat, bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Let the mixture boil for about three minutes, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the cherry mixture from the heat and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Warm the sauce again before serving.