We’re sharing this Quick Skillet Chicken with Grapes recipe made from Walmart Produce as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars.
Something really magical happens to fresh grapes when you pan-roast them! The flavor gets sweet and intense – and the warm fruit just melts in your mouth. And loving roasted grapes as much as I do – that was part of the inspiration behind today’s delicious recipe for Quick Skillet Chicken with Grapes!
This meal is quick and easy to prepare – so it’s perfect for a weeknight dinner when schedules are tight! But – it’s impressive enough that it could also be served at a casual dinner party!
Strips of boneless skinless chicken sauté up juicy and tender! Then – fresh grapes (we used a mix of colors and varieties) are sautéed with shallots, rosemary and thyme until soft and tender. Add a splash of vermouth or wine to deglaze the pan – then toss everything back together in the skillet before serving over orzo pasta (or rice).
The other inspiration for this delicious meal? The fresh, sweet grapes sold in Walmart’s produce department!
Right now, your local Walmart store has farm-fresh grapes and other produce that has been picked by local growers at the peak of freshness! It’s a great, affordable option and a convenient place to shop for quality produce – plus – it’s 100% satisfaction guaranteed! If for any reason, you aren’t happy with the Walmart produce you’ve purchased, simply return your produce back to the store with your receipt for a full refund.
Click here for more information about Walmart grapes and other produce that is in-season right now, as well as delicious recipes, buying tips and storage ideas.
And here’s the recipe for our Quick Skillet Chicken with Grapes!
Interested in more chicken recipes?
Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- 1½ pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips about ¼-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup sliced shallots
- 4 cups fresh seedless grapes, mixed varieties
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary, cut to fit in the pan
- Several stems of fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, optional for garnish
- Orzo or rice for serving
- After cutting the chicken into strips, sprinkle both sides of each strip with the salt and pepper.
- If cooking orzo or rice, prepare that now.
- In a large sauté pan, heat two tablespoons of the olive oil of very high heat.
- Once the pan is smoking hot, add half the chicken, laying them in the pan one at a time. Brown on one side for about a minute and with tongs, flip and brown the other side, again for about one minute. Transfer to a platter but do not not stack them or let them get too crowded in the pan or they will steam a bit and get chewy. Repeat for the second half of the chicken and set the cooked chicken aside.
- Lower heat to medium to medium high and add the rest of the oil. Place the shallots, grapes, whole rosemary and whole thyme into the hot oil. Sauté this mixture about 2 minutes or until the shallots start to get soft and the grapes start to split.
- Add vermouth or wine and scrape bottom with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chicken back in along with any juice on the platter and toss the mixture and cook just until everything is hot then remove from the heat. Remove and discard whole rosemary and whole thyme.
- Serve over hot orzo or rice with a little spoon of pan juices over each portion.
- If using optional chopped parsley, sprinkle that over each portion and serve.
You may enjoy these other recipes featuring Walmart Produce: