- 1½ pounds cherries, stemmed and pitted (approximately 4 cups)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoons corn starch
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Over medium heat, bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Let the mixture boil for about three minutes, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the cherry mixture from the heat and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Warm the sauce again before serving.