This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 1 stick butter (8 tablespoons)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1½ teaspoons coffee extract
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces in weight of mixed nuts and seeds such as cashews, peanuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, etc.
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, optional
- Sea salt
- Line a sheet pan with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- (Use a four-quart heavy-bottomed pan for this recipe. The mixture bubbles up high as it cooks so the larger size pan is necessary.) Place the butter, sugar, coffee, corn syrup and coffee extract in the pan and turn burner to medium high to high.
- Place a candy thermometer on the side and into the mixture during the entire cooking process.
- Cook and stir for approximately ten minutes with a long handled wooden spoon. Watch the temperature as it cooks. You want it to reach 300 degrees F. If the heat isn’t hot enough, it won’t reach the hard candy stage and if you let it go past 300 degrees, it will begin to scorch. Watch it closely, the last 80 degrees rises quickly. Also the mixture will burn if it touches your skin so wear heavy duty oven mitts.
- As soon as you achieve 300 degrees F, remove from heat and stir in the baking soda. It will bubble up so use caution.
- Then stir in the nut mixture as well as the optional dried cranberries and immediately pour it out onto the prepared pan. Working quickly, spread evenly and as thin as you can.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and let cool 30 minutes.
- Then break into pieces and serve.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.