For those of you celebrating today, Jack and I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas!
And speaking of celebrating…these Champagne Cosmos are a perfect way to add a little bit of grown-up cheer to the holidays!
A few weeks ago – at a very fun ‘ugly sweater’ party we hosted at our house – these Champagne Cosmos were a huge hit! We simply mixed up some chilled cranberry juice cocktail, Grand Marnier and lime juice in a pitcher. Next we poured some of the cranberry juice mixture into martini glasses or champagne flutes and topped it with Proseco or champagne plus a slice of lime zest.
These Champagne Cosmos make a great signature cocktail for any party – and these would be perfect for a New Year’s Eve celebration next weekend.
Adapted from Fine Cooking.Print
- 1½ cup cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
- ½ cup Grand Marnier
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 750 ml. bottles Proseco, Champagne, or sparkling wine
- 8 strips of lime zest, each about ½ an inch wide and 2 to 3 inches long (approximately 2 limes)
- Combine cranberry juice cocktail, Grand Marnier and lime juice in a pitcher. Stir to mix.
- Divide cranberry mixture evenly among 8 martini glasses or 8 champagne glasses or flutes.
- Pour Proseco in each glass with the cranberry juice mixture and fill to the top. Take a strip of lime zest and fold it in half over each glass, releasing the essential oils into the cocktail. Drop the lime zest strip into the glass.
- Serve immediately.
You may also like: