These Cashew Frosted Brownies are for one of those days when your chocolate craving is strong! One part brownie, one part fudge, one part cake – this easy dessert adds up to 100% delicious!
This dessert is also for the cashew-lovers in the crowd – and I’ll admit I am definitely in that crowd! I’m one of those annoying people who picks out and eats all of the cashews from a can of mixed nuts…leaving the rest of the nuts behind. 😉 (I can’t help myself!)
These Cashew Frosted Brownies not only have a generous amount of cashews baked inside the dense, fudgy brownie, but there is an equally-generous amount of chopped cashews sprinkled on top of the chocolate frosting before it sets. With every bite, you are guaranteed to get the taste of rich, creamy chocolate and that wonderful cashew crunch!
These Cashew Frosted Brownies are super rich and decadent, so a small piece goes a long way. A standard 13×9-inch baking pan yields two dozen more-than-generous servings – but you could cut the brownies even smaller if you’d like if you are feeding a larger crowd.Print
- 4 ounces unsweetened Baker’s Chocolate
- 1½ sticks butter (3/4 cup), softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose four
- 1 ½ cups cashews, coarsely chopped
Frosting and topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 13×9-inch baking dish or pan tightly with foil so that the edges of the foil fold over the outside of the pan. These will be used to lift the brownies out once baked.
- Spray the foil liberally with pan spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, place Baker’s Chocolate and butter and microwave on high for two minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir until chocolate is melted into butter and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in sugar with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour and cashews.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center, comes out clean.
- Cool pan on a rack. Once cool enough to handle, remove brownies by lifting foil and place back on the rack to cool completely. Once completely cool, place parchment over top with a sheet tray and invert. Then gently peel off and discard foil. Place another inverted pan with parchment over top and invert again so that they are face up again. Discard parchment.
- While brownies are cooling make frosting.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter until pale in color, about one minute on medium.
- Add cocoa powder, confectioner’s sugar, cashew milk and vanilla and mix on low to incorporate ingredients then increase speed and mix to form a smooth frosting.
- Scrape frosting onto brownies and smooth with an off set spatula.
- Sprinkle immediately with chopped cashews.
- Cut 4×6 into 24 pieces and serve.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
You may also like: