- 4 ounces unsweetened Baker’s Chocolate
- 1½ sticks butter (3/4 cup), softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose four
- 1 ½ cups cashews, coarsely chopped
Frosting and topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 13×9-inch baking dish or pan tightly with foil so that the edges of the foil fold over the outside of the pan. These will be used to lift the brownies out once baked.
- Spray the foil liberally with pan spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, place Baker’s Chocolate and butter and microwave on high for two minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir until chocolate is melted into butter and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in sugar with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour and cashews.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center, comes out clean.
- Cool pan on a rack. Once cool enough to handle, remove brownies by lifting foil and place back on the rack to cool completely. Once completely cool, place parchment over top with a sheet tray and invert. Then gently peel off and discard foil. Place another inverted pan with parchment over top and invert again so that they are face up again. Discard parchment.
- While brownies are cooling make frosting.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter until pale in color, about one minute on medium.
- Add cocoa powder, confectioner’s sugar, cashew milk and vanilla and mix on low to incorporate ingredients then increase speed and mix to form a smooth frosting.
- Scrape frosting onto brownies and smooth with an off set spatula.
- Sprinkle immediately with chopped cashews.
- Cut 4×6 into 24 pieces and serve.