This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 2 large, fresh tomatoes (Beefsteak, Big Boy or other large varieties are particularly good in this salad)
- 1 8-ounce ball of fresh buffalo mozzarella
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup julienned fresh basil
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Slice each tomato into slices about ½ an inch thick.
- Slice the mozzarella ball into ¼ to ½ inch slices.
- On a platter or plate, alternately lay the tomato slices and mozzarella slices – you can lay them in a line on a long platter, or in a circular pattern on a smaller plate.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Then, sprinkle the julienned basil over the slices.
- Just before serving, drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.