This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons malted powder (such as Ovaltine)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (in a food processor until chopped semi-fine but not too fine)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter, malted powder and salt.
- Add almond extract and mix to combine.
- With mixer on low, slowly pour in sugar then mix until mixture is creamy, about two minutes.
- Remove from mixer and stir flour in by hand with a wooden spoon until a stiff rather dry dough forms.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press mixture into an ungreased quarter sheet pan (about 9X12), pressing to edges.
- Sprinkle top with nuts and press into dough. Any loose nuts will fall off after baking if not pressed in.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove and cool in pan.
- Once cool, flip pan over and break into irregular-sized pieces. Store in air tight container.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.