A few weekends ago, our daughter attended a birthday party at a friend’s house, and there were lots of delicious food served for both kids and adults. The neighbor of the family hosting the party brought a delicious, Simple Cucumber Salad that everyone raved about!
As it usually happens – my husband Jack asked for the recipe! We were both expecting there to be some sort of ‘secret ingredient’ giving that simple cucumber salad such fantastic flavor – and we were very surprised to learn that it was simply English cucumbers tossed with oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and fresh dill.
(Sometimes – simple really is best, isn’t it?!)
Since the party – Jack and I have both been talking about that delicious cucumber salad – and today’s recipe is our recreation. We sliced the cucumbers into very thin slices (a mandolin is the perfect tool for this) – but diced cucumbers or thicker slices would also work equally as well for this simple cucumber salad. We also varied just a bit from the original recipe that we enjoyed at the party by adding in a little bit of Dijon mustard to the dressing. You can leave it out if you’d like, but the small amount of mustard serves as a binder and helps the oil and vinegar dressing hold together better.Print
Simple Cucumber Salad
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 large English cucumber, sliced thinly (a mandoline like this one works well for this).
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill fronds, finely chopped
- Placed sliced cucumber in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk in both vinegars, salt, pepper, mustard and sugar. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the oil to form the vinaigrette. Taste and adjust salt to your preference.
- Add dressing to cucumbers along with fresh dill and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
You may also like: