This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
We’re continuing the eggnog theme for another day with this recipe for Spiced Eggnog Chocolate Chip Cake! We had some leftover eggnog after making yesterday’s Spiced Eggnog Cocktail – and inspiration was born!
This is a simple-to-make cake that is super moist and delicious thanks to the addition of eggnog, spiced rum, pudding mix and chocolate chips to your favorite yellow or white cake mix. And a generous drizzle of glaze made with eggnog and cream cheese tops off this very yummy and festive dessert! My husband Jack loved this cake so much – he couldn’t stop eating it!
This spiced eggnog chocolate chip cake is a variation of a recipe that has been in my collection for many, many years! Back in high school, the mother of a friend of mine made this cake but added whiskey (I remember feeling so ‘grown up’ eating a dessert with whiskey in it!) in place of the eggnog and rum we used here – and to this day I still have the recipe card she shared with me that has “The Hill Family Kitchen” written at the top! (Even back then – I was collecting recipes!)
One final note: Although the alcohol content evaporates during the baking process leaving only the flavor behind, if you’d rather leave out the spiced rum in this spiced eggnog chocolate chip cake – that would be perfectly fine and your cake will still be delicious! Just replace the ¼ cup of rum with water, or increase the eggnog by ¼ cup so that the total liquid added to the recipe equals one cup.
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Spiced Eggnog Chocolate Chip Cake
For the cake
- 1 16.5–ounce box Duncan Hines yellow or white cake mix
- 1 3.4–ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup spiced rum
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Glaze
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons eggnog, plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt Pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, rum and egg nog. Mix on medium speed for about 3 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips until evenly dispersed in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan, evenly spreading the batter in the pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Invert pan onto a wire rack and remove cake from the bundt pan. Cool completely and then place the cake onto a serving dish.
- Prepare the glaze by placing the cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beating until light and creamy. Add powdered sugar, eggnog and vanilla and mix again until combined, adding more eggnog as needed to reach a drizzle consistency.
- Fit a pastry bag with a small piping tip (or you can just cut a small corner off a plastic bag if you don’t have a pastry bag and tip), and pour in the glaze, twisting the top of your bag tightly to close. Drizzle the glaze over the cake and allow to set.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
You may also enjoy:
Leave a Comment