This Ranch Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf was developed as part of a sponsored post for Hidden Valley® Ranch at Walmart. All opinions are 100% mine.
Even us food bloggers are not above taking short cuts every now and then, and when schedules are busy we just want to get an easy and delicious dinner on the table without a lot of fuss!
So when Hidden Valley® asked us to share a simple and delicious meal idea using one of their new Hidden Valley® Ranch dressing varieties, we knew exactly what we would make – this Ranch Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf!
If you are a fan of Buffalo chicken – you are going to love this meatloaf! We started with ground chicken then added some Hidden Valley® Ranch Buffalo dressing for flavor, plus bleu cheese crumbles, celery, and other seasonings. Before baking, we also coated the top of our meatloaf with even more of the Hidden Valley® Ranch Buffalo dressing – as you can see above, that gave our meatloaf a wonderful, caramelized coating as it baked in the oven.
Hidden Valley®’s four new dressing varieties include the Hidden Valley® Ranch Buffalo which we used in today’s recipe, as well as Hidden Valley® Ranch Honey BBQ, Hidden Valley® Ranch Sriracha, and Hidden Valley® Ranch Cilantro Lime. All of these new flavors (as well as many other Hidden Valley® dressings) are available at your local Walmart store.
And to make it even easier to create simple, delicious meals using Hidden Valley® Ranch, our friends at Walmart are sharing this $.75 off coupon good on any 12-ounce or 16-ounce bottle of Hidden Valley® Ranch. Click here for your coupon.Print
- 6 slices white or soft wheat bread, crusts removed
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Ranch Buffalo dressing
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 whole eggs
- ¼ cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- ¼ pound blue cheese crumbles, plus more for serving
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Ranch Buffalo dressing, plus more for serving
- Optional, celery sticks for serving
- Place six slices of crustless bread in a large bowl and pour milk and ½ cup Hidden Valley® Ranch Buffalo dressing over bread. Turn pieces of bread over a few times so they get coated and soak in the liquid. Set this aside.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium high heat, place oil, celery, onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until tender. Remove from heat to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place salt, pepper, eggs, Romano cheese and bread crumbs in the bowl with the bread and whip to combine to a smooth paste.
- Stir in sauted vegetables.
- Add chicken and blue cheese and gently mix to combine.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper over a sheet pan.
- Pour meat mixture onto parchment paper and shape into a neat loaf using a spatula to smooth tops and sides.
- Pour the ½ cup of Hidden Valley® Ranch Buffalo dressing over top and spread to edges top and sides.
- Bake uncovered for one hour or until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F.
- Loosely cover with foil and let rest 15 minutes. The internal temperature will rise to 165 degrees F.
- Slice and serve with additional Hidden Valley® Ranch Buffalo dressing, crumbled blue cheese and celery sticks.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.