This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 1 pound mixed-colors mini sweet bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 5 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 shakes Tabasco sauce
- 1 beaten egg
- ¼ cup dry potato flakes
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Cut each pepper in half the long way, leaving stem connected (cut right through stem so each half pepper has half a stem. This will act as a handle when eating)
- With a teaspoon, scoop out seeds and discard. Peppers this small sometimes have no seeds. Line these cut side up on a parchment lined sheet pan. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, cook shallots and garlic in the oil for about five minutes until somewhat soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl add goat cheese, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, egg and dry potato. Add the now cooled shallot mixture. Stir cream cheese mixture until completely combined.
- Divide filling between the cut pepper halves using a teaspoon to fill. This step is a bit tedious. For this reason, I extended the prep time to 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl, mix panko, butter and paprika.
- Take each stuffed pepper and press the stuffing side down into the panko to coat top. Repeat for each pepper and place the peppers back on tray once coated. If the pepper does not sit flat, line them up so that they lean against each other.
- Bake uncovered for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. The filling should be hot and the pepper just slightly cooked.
- Using a spatula, remove to a tray and serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.