This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Crispy Creamy Potato Pancakes recipe is sponsored by Simply Potatoes®. All opinions are 100% mine.
With Easter just a few weeks away, we’re already planning our holiday brunch menu. This year, we’re planning something different – and delicious!
When family or friends come over, I think it’s a lot of fun when we serve a meal that gets everyone involved in the kitchen. So this Easter, we’re planning a make-your-own Crispy Creamy Potato Pancakes spread!
We’re cooking up a batch of crisp potato pancakes, then offering a variety of delicious toppings to serve with the pancakes including smoked salmon, hard boiled eggs, sliced red onion, crème fraiche, capers, lemon and more. Everyone can choose the topping they like best – and make a potato pancake they love.
We’d much rather spend time visiting with our guests on Easter morning than cooking in the kitchen – so we’re doing all of the topping prep ahead of time, and we’re taking shortcuts where we can. That’s where Simply Potatoes delicious Mashed Potatoes come in.
Our Crispy Creamy Potato Pancakes are made with Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes. All Simply Potatoes are made with fresh (never frozen) potatoes, and no peeling or shredding is required. These mashed potatoes are delicious served as is or used in your favorite recipes.
Simply Potatoes come in several versatile varieties of cuts including diced, slices and wedges, hash browns, plus the mashed potatoes used in today’s Crispy Creamy Potato Pancakes recipe. In addition to Traditional Mashed Potatoes, you can find five additional varieties of mashed potatoes including mashed sweet potatoes.
These Crispy Creamy Potato Pancakes (and you can tell by the name) cook up light and crispy on the outside and soft and creamy on the inside. (So good!)
For more information about Simply Potatoes products, click here. Visit Simply Potatoes online, on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Simply Made. Simply Satisfying. #SimplyHolidays
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes®. The opinions and text are all mine.
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Crispy Creamy Potato Pancakes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion, finely minced
- 1 –24-ounce package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter for frying, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying, divided
- Smoked salmon
- Hard boiled eggs
- Sliced Red Onion
- Crème Fraiche or sour cream
- Lemon wedges
- Dill fronds
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat and add onions. Sauté for three minutes then remove from heat and cool. The same pan will be used to fry the potato pancakes.
- In a large bowl, mix cooled sautéed onions, Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes, eggs, cheese and crème Fraiche.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and baking powder.
- Mix dry into the potato mixture.
- Mix thoroughly then chill the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F to keep batches of the potato pancakes warm.
- In the same pan you cooked the onions, heat to just shy of medium high. The temperature should be hotter than medium but not full medium high.
- Place half the butter and half the oil in the pan and once hot, using an ice cream scoop, scoop out four scoops of the potato mixture into the hot fat. Then gently pat the tops to make a disc about ¾ of an inch thick.
- Cook for two to three minutes until browned, then flip and cook for another two to three minutes.
- Remove to a sheet pan and hold in the oven.
- Repeat two more times using the remaining butter and oil as needed to fry the second two batches.
- Serve hot with smoked salmon, hard cooked eggs, capers, red onion, crème Fraiche, lemon wedges and fresh dill. Or with your choice of toppings.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Leave a Comment