We enjoyed some delicious #MillstoneCoffee along with this Condensed Milk Pound Cake as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars by Crowdtap.
My husband Jack and I will both admit it – we are major coffee addicts! Neither of us can go without our morning cup of Joe!
So this past weekend…our coffee maker broke! Both of us were DYING until we could get to the nearest coffee shop – which was en route to the closest store so we could buy a new coffee maker as soon as possible!
There’s no doubt about it, both of us look forward to a great cup of coffee every morning, and one of our favorites is Millstone Coffee! All Millstone brand coffees are slow-roasted to perfection from 100% Premium Arabica Beans – the best available – and it totally shows in Millstone Coffee’s fantastic flavor and aroma!
And if you are coffee lovers like us, Millstone has two new gourmet flavors you’ve got to try: their House Blend – a well-balanced blend with a flavorful, smooth finish, and their Mayan Black Onyx – a dark, full-bodied blend with a rich finish! (You can also see a complete list of other Millstone Coffee flavors right here.)
I’m partial to the smooth flavors of the House Blend while Jack loves the bold Mayan Black Onyx! And any of Millstone’s gourmet coffees will go perfectly with this Sweetened Condensed Milk Pound Cake recipe we’re sharing with you today!
This sweetened condensed milk pound cake is moist, dense and lightly sweet. It’s perfect served for breakfast (along with some delicious Millstone Coffee of course!) – and it’s also wonderful served for dessert with fruit or any other kind of sweet topping. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Sweet Spot: Asian-Inspired Desserts by Pichet Ong.Print
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray an 8½ x 4½ inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy – about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each egg until well blended. Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture (increasing the speed of the mixer as needed and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed) until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then turn the pound cake out onto a wire rack to cool completely.