We developed this Cold Veggie Pizza as part of a sponsored post for The Marzetti® Brand. All opinions are 100% mine. #ForTheLoveofProduce
This is one of my favorite times of year! School has just let out for the year, so that means a more relaxed schedule for all of us, and more fun with family and friends. It also means more time spent outdoors, and in addition to going to the beach and attending barbecues, every summer we grow lots of veggies and herbs out in our backyard garden.
Living in New England – where the growing season is so short – fresh veggies from the garden and local produce from the market are like gold to us! Nothing tastes better – and fresh vegetables are a perfect healthy snack that always makes us feel better too! So what better way to get the entire family to eat some healthy, delicious veggies – than our Cold Veggie Pizza made with Marzetti® Veggie Dip!
This delicious pizza is easy to make and can feed a hungry crowd! To make this Cold Veggie Pizza, you’ll need some focaccia or flatbread, plus all of your favorite fresh vegetables! We chose a colorful variety of vegetables including fresh spinach, golden beets, diced red, orange and yellow bell peppers, red onion, shredded carrots, asparagus and cherry tomatoes.
And the real star of this Cold Veggie Pizza is that thick, rich and creamy Marzetti® Veggie Dip which we spread over the focaccia before laying on the veggies. Marzetti® Veggie Dips have a wonderful savory flavor that really complements the veggies and enhances their fresh, natural goodness – and Marzetti® Veggie Dips are perfect for dipping any of your favorite fresh vegetables.
We chose the Marzetti® Spinach Veggie Dip flavor for our recipe today – but Marzetti® Veggie Dips come in a wide variety of delicious flavors so you’re sure to find one that you love.
Marzetti® is giving away* a $50 VISA (?) Gift Card to one lucky A Family Feast reader. (Sorry, U.S. residents only.)
To enter, leave a comment below along with your email address by July 8, 2016 and tell me, “Which Marzetti® Veggie Dip is your favorite?“
*Giveaway Terms & Conditions: Open to anyone 18 years of age or older with a valid US mailing address. Winner will be randomly selected on Saturday, July 9, 2006 via random.org from among all entries received. Winner will be contacted via email so please be sure to comment using a valid email address where we can reach you. Winner will be contacted by RhythmOne who has sponsored this giveaway on behalf of The Marzetti® Brand.Print
- One 12×17-inch focaccia or flat bread
- 4 ounces broccoli florets
- 4 ounces asparagus, bottoms removed
- 4 ounces red onion, large diced
- 1 14-ounce container Marzetti® Spinach Veggie Dip (or any other Marzetti® Veggie Dip flavor you prefer)
- 2 ounces raw baby spinach
- 4 ounce red bell pepper, large dice
- 4 ounce orange bell pepper, large dice
- 4 ounce red yellow pepper, large dice
- 4 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces golden beets, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 4 ounces carrots, peeled and shredded
- Place foccacia or flat bread on a serving tray or baking sheet.
- Bring a medium sauce pan full of water to a boil and plunge in broccoli. Count one minute and immediately remove with a strainer into an ice water bath.
- Leave the water boiling and plunge in the asparagus. Count 30 seconds and remove to an ice water bath.
- Take both broccoli and asparagus out of ice water bath and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Place the onions in a small sauté pan with 2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. (If you like raw onions, feel free to leave them raw. However the onions are large dice and we felt they needed to be softened a bit). Set aside to cool.
- Start by smearing the entire container of Marzetti® Spinach Veggie Dip onto the focaccia right up to the edges.
- Take the spinach and line the leaves up, overlapping around the entire outer edge right onto the Marzetti® Spinach Veggie Dip.
- Decide how you want your color scheme to go and lay out the vegetables in that order lengthwise in rows. We went with red, orange, green, yellow, onions down center, then red, orange, green and finished with yellow.
- Press the vegetables down slightly into the Marzetti® Spinach Veggie Dip.
- To cut, use a very sharp knife and make a cut down the center the long way. Cut pizza-shaped wedges up and down each side until your have reached each end.
- Serve and enjoy.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Marzetti. The opinions and text are all mine.