If you’ve followed us for a while here at A Family Feast, then you know that we are big proponents of cooking from scratch. This holds particularly true when it comes to salad dressings – like today’s homemade Russian Dressing!
Why buy the bottled stuff when you can make a delicious homemade version that tastes so much better? In fact – Russian Dressing is made from fairly common ingredients you might already have in your kitchen!
It’s a mix of mayonnaise, red onion, sweet pepper relish, ketchup, dill pickles, chives and prepared horseradish. We also like to give our homemade Russian Dressing a little extra ‘oomph’ 🙂 with the addition of some hot Hungarian paprika – but regular paprika can also be used if you prefer.
And – check out our delicious Kielbasa Reuben sandwich recipe that is made using this homemade Russian Dressing!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup minced red onion
- ½ cup sweet pepper relish (not pickle relish, but pepper relish. Looks red and is sold everywhere)
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¾ cup fresh dill pickles, drained, dried and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Dressing may be stored for up to a week refrigerated.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
You may also like: