This Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie takes a classic dessert – pecan pie – then kicks it up a few notches with the addition of chocolate chips and Bourbon to the filling!
This grownups-only dessert is rich, delicious and very decadent, and it is sure to become a favorite on any holiday dessert table.
What I also love about this Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie is how easy it is to prepare! The filling comes together in just minutes. Then pour it in a pie shell (we took a short cut and used store-bought pie crust found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket), bake it, cool it – and you are done making a very memorable dessert that your holiday guests will love!
This Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie can be made ahead of time – in fact, it’s recommended that you make this the day before you serve it so the pie has time to full set after baking. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Chew.Print
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
This pie is best when it is made a day ahead so that it has time to cool and fully set. Once cooled, wrap with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature until served and refrigerate remaining pieces.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 servings
- 1 9-inch pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a deep dish pie plate with the pie crust, set aside.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and butter in a saucepan. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until butter melts and sugar completely dissolves. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, bourbon, vanilla and salt. Mix thoroughly. Very slowly pour cooled sugar mixture into egg mixture, whisking constantly so that the heat from the sugar mixture doesn’t cook the egg mixture. Add the chocolate chips and pecans and stir to mix well.
- Pour mixture into pie shell. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until set and golden on top.
- Serve warm or chilled.
You may also like: