This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post brought to you by Boar’s Head Brand®. All opinions are 100% mine.
Who’s got March Madness? We sure do! And – we’ve developed a delicious, bold Southwestern Rachel Sandwich with Southwestern Slaw recipe using Boar’s Head Brand® Bold® line deli meats, cheeses and condiments as part of the Boar’s Head® Boldest Bracket Challenge!
The Boar’s Head® Boldest Bracket Challenge is a fun recipe contest – and we need your votes! We get bragging rights if we win, but the best part is – when you vote – you are eligible to receive some great prizes:
Round 1: (8) Boar’s Head Bold t-shirts
Round 2: (4) $50 gift card to purchase Boar’s Head Bold products
Round 3: (2) $100 gift card to purchase Boar’s Head Bold products
FINAL: iPad Air to stream all the games & access Boar’s Head Bold recipes (includes custom Boar’s Head case and $500 gift card) to cater your game-watching party with Boar’s Head products
Our Southwestern Rachel Sandwich is made with Boar’s Head Brand Bold Blackened Turkey Breast and Boar’s Head Brand Chipotle Gouda Cheese – and wow – will this sandwich take you on a flavor adventure! And to make it even bolder – we’ve topped our Southwestern Rachel with a zesty and spicy Southwestern Slaw made with Boar’s Head Brand Fiery Chipotle Gourmaise™!
Voting for your favorite sandwich in the Boar’s Head® Boldest Bracket Challenge competition begins on Monday, March 3rd. Our Southwestern Rachel with Southwestern Slaw will be paired up against a competing sandwich recipe on Monday, March 10th – and we need your votes to stay alive in the competition and move on to the next voting round!
So head on over to the Boar’s Head® Boldest Bracket Challenge and vote for our Southwestern Rachel Sandwich with Southwestern Slaw on Monday, March 10th – and keep following along to see how we do in the Boar’s Head Boldest Bracket Challenge!
And – if you’d like to make our Southwestern Rachel Sandwich with Southwestern Slaw at home for your next March Madness party, here’s the fabulous recipe:
For the Southwestern Slaw
- • 12 ounces Green cabbage, finely shredded
- • ¼ cup Red onion, finely sliced
- • ½ cup Carrots, shredded
- • ¼ cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- • 3 tablespoons Boar’s Head Brand Fiery Chipotle Gourmaise™ (use more or less depending on how spicy you like your slaw)
- • ½ cup Mayonnaise
- • 1½ tablespoons Sugar
- • ½ tablespoon Whole grain mustard
- • 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
For the Southwestern Rachel Sandwich
- • 8 slices Marble bread (large-sized slices if available)
- • 16 slices Boar’s Head Brand Bold Blackened Turkey Breast, sliced thin
- • 16 slices Boar’s Head Brand Chipotle Gouda Cheese
- • 4 tablespoons Butter, softened
To Make the Southwestern Slaw:
- Mix cabbage, red onion, carrots and cilantro in large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl mix Fiery Chipotle Gourmaise, mayonnaise, sugar, mustard and vinegar.
- Mix wet with dry and let sit refrigerated for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
To Make the Southwestern Rachel Sandwich:
- Line 8 slices of marble bread with two slices of cheese each. Top four of them with sliced Blackened Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, dividing evenly.
- Place ½ cup of coleslaw on top of each turkey pile; top with the remaining cheese and bread top.
- Heat a flat grill pan over medium heat and melt half the butter, then place sandwiches over melted butter.
- Spread second half of butter over tops of each sandwich.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes until browned. Flip and grill other side. (Alternatively, sandwich may be grilled in a Panini press)
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Level of difficulty: Intermediate