Growing up, my family’s go-to recipe anytime we made chocolate chip cookies was the classic, original Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe found on the back of every package of Nestle’s semi-sweet chocolate morsels.
I’ve tried making many other chocolate chip cookie recipes over the years, and while all of them are delicious (really – how could a chocolate chip cookie NOT be delicious?) the Toll House recipe is still my favorite!
So given how much I love those classic chocolate chip cookies, I never thought it could be improved upon. That is – until – I tried today’s recipe for a Toll House Chocolate Chip Pie!
This Toll House Chocolate Chip Pie is incredible! It has the classic flavors – a sweet, buttery batter with chocolate chips and walnuts – but in pie form!
As this Toll House Chocolate Chip Pie bakes, it forms almost a crackly top – and when you bite into your slice it’s dense and soft and fudgy with crunch from the chopped walnuts. The first time I made this pie – my husband Jack’s eyes rolled into the back of his head as he took his first bite – it is that good!
Take my word for it – you’ve got to try this pie!
Recipe adapted from Nestle’s Very Best Baking.com
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream (optional but highly recommended, for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a deep dish pie plate with the unbaked pie crust, crimping the edges. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs on high speed until light and foamy. Add the flour and both sugars to the bowl and mix again until combined. Then add the softened butter and mix one more time until completely mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts and mix until the chocolate and nuts are evenly mixed throughout the batter. Spoon the batter into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a sharp knife inserted halfway between the edge and the center of the pie comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice.
You may also like: