- Thaw both puff pastry sheets per box instructions for 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While pastry sheets are thawing, in a small bowl, mix turkey, stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce. Mix just to incorporate the ingredients
- Once dough is thawed, take each sheet and cut into four squares, for a total of eight squares.
- Divide filling between the eight squares keeping the filling in a triangle to one side.
- One at a time, wet two sides around filling with a tiny dab of water with your finger. Lift the opposite unfilled corner and bring it to the filled corner to make a triangle over filling and pinch two corners together. Lift it up and cup it in your hand and gently pinch all sides closed. If the filling starts to squeeze out, push it back with a spoon or your finger. Repeat for all eight making sure they are tightly sealed and place on parchment lined sheet pan with tips slightly turned to each other making a “U” shape. (You will need two sheet pans to fit eight in the oven.)
- Mix egg with a teaspoon of water and with a pastry brush; brush the tops of each turnover.
- Place pans in the oven and bake until browned and puffed, somewhere between 15-25 minutes depending on your oven – rotating the pans halfway through the baking to ensure even cooking. (If you are cooking a smaller quantity and only have one sheet pan in the oven, reduce the cooking time.)
Keywords: Turkey & Stuffing Turnovers , thanksgiving leftovers