Note: Cook time listed does not include time required to cook the beef taco mixture.
- Prepared Ground Beef Taco Meat (see recipe here) – or cook 2 pounds of ground beef with packaged taco seasoning mix.
- Chopped Iceberg, Romaine, or Boston lettuce, about 2 cups per salad
- 1 cup shredded yellow cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup diced tomato
- Catalina dressing, our homemade version or bottled
- Doritos, for serving
- Prepare the ground beef taco meat for this dish (see recipe here) and keep warm.
- Fill a serving bowl with lettuce of your choice. Top with warm taco beef, then shredded cheese and diced tomato. Repeat for all portions. Then top each salad with Catalina dressing.
- Finally finish by topping with crushed Doritos and serve immediately.
Keywords: Taco Salad